Tag: 上海夜网CS

Saudi Arabia, Jordan report more MERS as Hajj begins

first_imgAs about 2 million Muslims from across the globe gather in Saudi Arabia to launch the annual Hajj pilgrimage, the host country over the past 3 days reported three more MERS-CoV cases in as many cities.And neighboring Jordan reported two more Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) cases yesterday, raising its number of recent cases to 13.Medical preparations for HajjIn a statement today from its Eastern Mediterranean regional office, World Health Organization (WHO) officials acknowledged the threat from MERS-CoV and other health issues in such an immense mass gathering, thought to be the largest in the world.Earlier this month, the WHO’s emergency committee had  raised concerns about this year’s event, given the uptick in cases in Saudi Arabia and the recent event in South Korea, which showed how a single imported case can spark a large outbreak. The WHO committee pointed out that some Hajj travelers will be returning to countries that have weak surveillance and health systems.Of three Hajj observances that have taken place since the virus was first detected in humans in 2012, no illnesses have been detected in pilgrims. H.E. Khalid Al-Falih, Saudi Arabia’s health minister, said in the statement, “We are working to keep it that way.”The WHO said it has been collaborating with Saudi Arabia’s government over the past 6 months to address health issues that might arise in connection with the event, which is expects to draw about 2 million people from 184 different countries. According to Saudi Arabia’s health ministry, 25,000 additional health workers have been deployed and eight hospitals used only during the Hajj have been opened. The facilities have surgical wards and intensive care units.Jeddah, Riyadh, Najran casesIn statements over the past 3 days, the Saudi Ministry of Health (MOH) said the latest confirmed cases are in Jeddah, Riyadh, and Najran. The Riyadh case may be part of a large ongoing hospital-linked outbreak. Since Jul 21, 169 cases have now been reported in Riyadh, many of them associated with a large outbreak at King Abdulaziz Medical City.The Jeddah case involves a 30-year-old Saudi woman who is hospitalized in stable condition. The MOH said in a Sep 19 announcement that she did not have contact with an earlier case.Riyadh’s latest MERS patient is a 48-year-old Saudi man who is listed in stable condition. An investigation found that he had contact with an earlier suspected or confirmed case, the MOH said yesterday.In a notice today, the MOH said one more illness has been detected in Najran, a city in the far southern part of the country. The patient is a 90-year-old Saudi man hospitalized in critical condition who didn’t have contact with an earlier case.None of the newly reported patients is a healthcare worker.Over the past 3 days the MOH also reported four deaths in earlier announced cases. All are middle aged or older adults who had pre-existing medical conditions. All are Saudi citizens, and none were healthcare workers. Three were from Riyadh and one was from Medina, where another cluster of hospital-linked cases was recently reported.The MOH said 38 people are still being treated for their illnesses, a number that includes people who are in home isolation. Nine more people have recovered from MERS-CoV.The developments lift Saudi Arabia’s MERS-CoV totals since the virus was first detected in 2012 to 1,246 cases and 532 deaths.Few details about Jordan casesJordan’s state news service yesterday, citing a health ministry source, reported two more MERS-CoV cases, according to a report in Arabic translated and posted by FluTrackers, an infectious disease news message board.The announcement included few details, except for that one patient is a 29-year-old healthcare worker from Amman, where another cluster of hospital linked cases has recently been reported.The index patient’s illness was confirmed in late August. The man had recently traveled from Saudi Arabia. Including that infection, Jordan has reported a total of 13 recent MERS cases, 5 of them fatal.See also:Sep 21 WHO Eastern Mediterranean regional office statementSep 19 Saudi MOH statementSep 20 Saudi MOH statementSep 21 Saudi MOH statementSep 20 FluTrackers threadlast_img read more

No. 6/19 UWF Baseball Sweeps Series vs. West Alabama

first_imgEvery Argo starter had at least one hit in the game. Jared Hatch closed the contest after Vaccacio went six. He struck out two in a scoreless ninth to clinch the final win of the regular season.For the latest information on UWF athletics, follow the Argos on Twitter @GoArgos. PENSACOLA, Fla. – No. 6/19 UWF baseball swept its Senior Day doubleheader Saturday vs. West Alabama 6-5 and 10-5. With the wins, the Argos completed the series sweep to finish the regular season. “Two hard-fought games,” said UWF head coach Mike Jeffcoat. “Long day, and these guys just persevered over and over again and answered when West Alabama would make a comeback.”The Argos wrap the regular season 33-14 and 22-7 in GSC play. UWF will await the result of Sunday’s Delta State at Mississippi College series finale to determine who will be the top overall seed in the conference tournament, which begins May 3 in Oxford, Alabama. UWF got its second walkoff of 2019 in Game 1 of the doubleheader as a long single by Adam Imwalle scored Matt Sullivan to give the team a 6-5 victory. Andrew Vaccacio struck out ten in the Game 2 win. The Argos jumped out to a 5-0 lead in Game 1 only to see it disappear late. UWF struck for a run in the second and scored four more in the third through fifth to build the early lead. Full Schedule Roster Live Stats Imwalle and Sullivan each finished with three hits. Six different Argos scored a run in the game. Sullivan led off the bottom of the ninth with a base hit before moving to second on a groundout by Dylan Menhennett. He scored on a long single to the track by Imwalle. The Argos have now walked off one game in each of the last two home series. Preview #ARGOS#Print Friendly Version Kirby Osborn (1-1) suffered the loss for West Alabama. The Argos outhit the Tigers 13-8. Tony Kucera got the start for the Argos and went 6.1 innings, scattering six hits while allowing four runs (four earned). He took a no-decision. Jared Middleton (2-2) would go on to earn the win after getting the final out of the eighth and posting a scoreless ninth. Next Game: Game 2: Argos 10, Tigers 5 Watch Live Game 1: Argos 6, Tigers 5 Tanner Elders (3-7) suffered the loss for the Tigers. UWF outhit UWA (22-22, 9-18 GSC) 12-8 to complete the series sweep. Vaccacio turned in his third start of 10 or more strikeouts this season to cap his regular season 6-1. He allowed five runs (five earned), including four in the fourth but gave the Argo bats a chance to win the game late.After UWA took a 5-2 lead in the top of the fourth, UWF scored five times in the bottom of the fourth to take a 7-5 lead. The team tacked on three more in the sixth. Imwalle, Robert Lopez and Trevor Payne each finished with two hits. Lopez and Payne each scored twice. Payne reached in both games in the doubleheader and has now reached in 41 straight games. vs. Shorter 5/3/2019 – 7:00 pmlast_img read more

Premier League To Discuss VAR On Thursday

first_imgDiscussions on Video Assistant Referees (VAR) will be high on the agenda at Thursday’s meeting of Premier League shareholders and could lead to a vote on whether to introduce it next season.The league will update its clubs on the latest VAR testing – just days after controversy in the games between Southampton and Watford, and Fulham and Liverpool.Southampton’s Charlie Austin ranted about the decision to disallow his and what would have been Saints’ second goal and possible winner in the 1-1 draw at St Mary’s, branding the decision a “joke” and demanding VAR be introduced.Southampton’s manager Mark Hughes also said English football was stuck in the “dark ages”.His Fulham’s counter Slavisa Jokanovic also criticized the decision to disallow what would have been an Aleksandar Mitrovic opener at Anfield for offside, seconds before Mo Salah gave Liverpool the lead at the opposite end.The Premier League clubs voted against VAR’s introduction this season at a meeting back in April, before it was used to great success at the World Cup in Russia – and it is already in use in Europe’s other top-four leagues of France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.Premier League shareholders will next meet again in February 2019 after Thursday’s talks.Relatedlast_img read more

GHALCA overstepped its bounds: George Afriyie

first_imgA Member of The Ghana Football Association Executive Committee, George Afriyie believes the Ghana League Clubs Association has over stepped its bounds by banning Asante Kotoko.The Ghana League Clubs Association on Monday fined Asante Kotoko 10,000 Ghana cedis and handed them a one year ban for boycotting the medal ceremony of the President’s Cup last week.Mr. Afriyie in an interview on Asempa FM’s Sports morning show stated that, under the rules and regulations of the Ghana Football Association, GHALCA which is a welfare body does not have any right to ban and fine Asante Kotoko.According to him, the association should have first asked Kotoko to defend their actions before pronouncing a judgment.He noted that, if GHALCA does not reverse its decision, they will have a vote of no confidence in them or vote against them during the GHALCA elections.In a related development, Alhaji Raji who is the IMT chairman of the Ghana League Clubs Association says he does not want to challenge George Afriyie since he is entitled to his views. According to him, GHALCA is a welfare body which has its code of conducts and appropriates sanctions.Story by Benedict Dankwa Owusu/Asempa Sportslast_img read more

New Year Deals from Tahiti Travel Connection

first_imgTo celebrate the new year, Tahiti Travel Connection, Australia’s leading travel specialist to the Islands of Tahiti, have put together a host of exciting deals starting from just $2,399 pp, to help strike the stunning tropical paradise from bucket lists everywhere. Book one of these limited New Year deals before 31/01/2018 and travel until 31st March to enjoy great savings per couple. InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort 7 nights from $2,869 (Save up to $2,800 per couple)Explore stunning Moorea from the comfort of your well-appointed room in the InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa. Aside from accommodation, return airfares, discounted room rates and transfers, our 7-night package also includes a free non-guided snorkelling experience for two adults! InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa 5 nights from $2,399 (Save up to $1,500 per couple)Experience the perfect island escape at the InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa with our limited 5-night package. Conveniently located on the main island of Papeete, the InterContinental is a 25-hectare tropical paradise where you can soak in the striking views of the gorgeous turquoise lagoon and the island’s volcanic peaks.All Tahiti Travel Connection’s New Year deals are inclusive of accommodation, return airfares, transfers and special discounted room rates.For full details and bookings contact Tahiti Travel Connection on 1300 858 305, email [email protected] or visit www.tahititravel.com.au.Source = Tahiti Travel Connection 7 nights from $4,879pp (Save up to $3,500 per couple)Make all your Tahitian holiday dreams come true with our 7-night package at the recently-renovated Le Meridien. Take on water adventures in the world’s most beautiful lagoon, or spend a relaxing day in a luxurious overwater bungalow with stunning view of majestic Mount Otemanu. InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa Le Meridien Bora Bora InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa 7 nights from $5,499 pp (Save up to $4,500 per couple)Say yes to the ultimate Tahitian experience in an iconic overwater bungalow with our 7-night InterContinental Bora Bora package! Explore pristine beaches and wade in the warm waters of the world-famous lagoon, enjoy a complimentary 2-course lunch, and retire at night in your own private suite. 7 nights from $4,399pp (Save up to $4,000 per couple)Rising in an exclusive location on Matira Point, the InterContinental Le Moana Resort offers guests an intimate, convivial haven from which to explore the Pearl of the Pacific, Bora Bora. Our 7-night Le Moana package comes complete with a complimentary 2-course dinner for two and daily buffet breakfast.last_img read more