Tag: 上海夜网BE

Heraeus attends 27th European PV conference and exhibition

first_imgGet instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribelast_img

Cuba freezes new licences for private restaurants in Havana

first_img 92 Views   no discussions Share In this July 11, 2012 photo, Tomas Erasmo Hernandez, center, owner of the private restaurant Mama Ines, chats with his customers in Old Havana, Cuba. Cuba is temporarily freezing new licenses for private restaurants in Havana, announced by acting Vice President Isabel Hamze on state media on Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016. The city is also starting to impose more limits on private bed-and-breakfasts.(Photo: AP)HAVANA (AP) — Cuba is freezing new licences for private restaurants in Havana as it struggles with the runaway success of one of the most important openings in the State-run economy.The country was once famed for its dire State restaurants and cafeterias, but it’s developed a vibrant dining scene since private restaurants were legalised two decades ago. A sector that began with enterprising Cubans setting up a handful of tables in their backyards has expanded into an industry of hundreds of restaurants with offerings ranging from freshly caught sushi to sophisticated interpretations of classic Cuban dishes.However, the private restaurateurs lack a wholesale market or legal way to import supplies and equipment. So they’ve been emptying the shelves of retail shops and buying other goods on the black market. That has led to rising food prices and shortages of goods for other Cubans.Acting Vice President Isabel Hamze told State media on Wednesday that Havana’s provincial government is temporarily freezing the approval of new licences and is inspecting restaurants to detect violations ranging from prostitution, drug use and excessive noise to illegal importation and purchase of stolen goods.She said one business had been closed because it was operating a bar and nightclub in violation of a licence exclusively meant for restaurants.Hamze’s statements appeared intended to reassure restaurant owners and Havana residents that the measures were not a crackdown on private restaurants but rather an attempt to impose common-sense regulations on issues ranging from closing times and parking spaces.“We recognise the importance that these businesses have for the city, and the government wants them to be successful, but within legal limits,” she said.The city is also starting to impose more limits on private bed-and-breakfasts, another flourishing sector of the new private economy. Draft regulations being circulated among bed-and-breakfast owners and real-estate agents would limit the number of bathrooms and kitchens built in private homes, and the division of high-ceilinged old homes into de facto apartment buildings with the use of concrete intermediate floors.A boom in tourism set off by the declaration of detente with the United States two years has fuelled furious growth in both private restaurants and bed-and-breakfasts. Tweet BusinessNewsRegional Cuba freezes new licences for private restaurants in Havana by: Associated Press – October 21, 2016center_img Share Sharing is caring! Sharelast_img read more

Wenger cries foul over Chelsea opener

first_img0Shares0000Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso rises above Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin to score the opening goal during their English Premier League match at Stamford Bridge in London, on February 4, 2017 © AFP / Ian KINGTONLONDON, United Kingdom, Feb 4 – Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said Marcos Alonso’s opening goal for Chelsea should have been ruled out after his side crashed to a 3-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin had to go off after being caught in the face by Alonso’s forearm as the wing-back leapt to put Chelsea in front in the 13th minute. Eden Hazard, with a sublime solo goal, and Cesc Fabregas put the game to bed for Chelsea, who now have a 12-point lead over Arsenal at the top of the Premier League table.“It was a foul. It was 100 percent a foul. It was even dangerous play,” said Wenger, who watched the game from the stands as he served the third game of a four-match touchline ban.Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin (2nd left) had to go off after being caught in the face by Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso (not in picture) during their Premier League match at Stamford Bridge in London, on February 4, 2017 © AFP / Adrian DENNIS“That doesn’t take anything away from the performance of Chelsea.”Wenger revealed Bellerin had been left so dazed by Alonso’s challenge he did not know his side were trailing as he left the pitch.But when Chelsea manager Antonio Conte was asked if Alonso had fouled Bellerin, who was replaced by Gabriel, he replied: “In England, never. No.”Hazard doubled Chelsea’s lead with a sublime solo goal in the 53rd minute, scything through the Arsenal defence from the centre circle before lifting a shot over his former team-mate Petr Cech.“It is always good to score beautiful goals against a massive team,” Hazard told Sky Sports.Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger (centre) was forced to watch his side’s Premier League match against Chelsea from the stands at Stamford Bridge as he continues to serve a touchline ban © AFP / Ian KINGTON“I enjoyed the game and the goals. We scored three beautiful goals and we deserve to win this game.“We are still top of the league. We have good confidence and we want to finish the season and stay top.”Asked what he had been thinking as he bore down on goal, twice beating Laurent Koscielny and leaving Francis Coquelin in a crumpled heap, Hazard replied: “To dribble like I did.“It is not like this in every game. I know I need to score more and today I did. I am happy.”Substitute Fabregas added Chelsea’s third, lobbing in from 25 yards after Cech had shanked the ball straight to him, before Arsenal replacement Olivier Giroud notched a stoppage-time header.Chelsea’s Eden Hazard in action during the Premier League match against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, on February 4, 2017 © AFP / Adrian DENNIS“It was an important game,” Conte said.“I consider Arsenal one of the six teams that can fight for the title until the end of the season. To put them 12 points behind is very important for us.”Wenger conceded the title was now Chelsea’s to lose.“Chelsea are in a very strong position,” he said. “They look solid, difficult to beat and we needed to be better today.“They don’t lose against the big teams and that is always the secret to win a championship.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

West Nile hits more birds in A.V.

first_imgThe virus was confirmed most recently in a chicken in a “sentinel” flock set out near 15th Street West and Avenue I to detect mosquito-borne diseases, and in two dead crows, one found near Avenue K and 10th Street West and one near Avenue K and 30th Street East. So far this year, five residents of Los Angeles County have been confirmed as infected with West Nile, but only one became ill enough to be hospitalized. Statewide, more than 170 people have been identified as infected and two have died – a decline from last year at this time, when nearly 600 people had been infected. Nineteen Californians died last year. The decline may be due to people taking steps to avoid mosquito bites or to efforts to kill mosquitoes and prevent them from breeding, Mellor said. Studies have differed over whether people are becoming more resistant to the virus. Since the virus first turned up in the Antelope Valley in 2003, it has sickened and killed birds and horses, but so far no people, officials said. LANCASTER – Three more birds have been confirmed as infected with the West Nile virus in Lancaster, mosquito-control officials said. The finds raise to eight the number of birds found with the mosquito-borne virus since spring in the Antelope Valley, but the nearest human cases have been in the San Fernando and San Gabriel valleys. “We hope we can get by again without any, but eventually there’s going to be a human case. We do as much as we can but there’s no way to eliminate all mosquitoes,” Antelope Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District entomologist Karen Mellor said. The virus is likely to remain a potential threat until about Halloween, when temperatures drop enough to end the mosquito season, she said. This year the virus was detected in May in central Lancaster and in June in central Palmdale, both times in flocks of chickens kept by the mosquito-control district to detect mosquito-borne diseases, and in a dead starling in August in west Palmdale.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more